Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Days

Ahhh, the first day of school.


So much excitement & anxiety. What a day! We actually got through the first day of school this year with no broken legs, no tears, and nobody being sent home on the wrong bus! Joshua started 6th grade, Matthew started 3rd grade and Noah started 1st grade. They were nervous but all did great! Isaac joined in the excitement and had to wear his backpack to the bus. He did well without his brothers here to entertain him...he's not going to let me get much done.

It is hard for me to send my babies out into the world...hoping they will remember everything we've tried to teach them and to have the courage to choose the right. I enjoy having them around and will miss days like these...



...where they just get to be kids. This summer went WAY TOO FAST!

4 comments:

  1. I'm still available to play with my buddy, Isaac. If his mom wants to get anything done... like painting, while his brothers are at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the 3 oldest now at school. We should let Andrew and Issac get together one of these days to play. So hard for me to believe that Noah's in 1st grade already!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just put a CTR ring on them...then they will remember to choose the right. I think I probably have a spare one in my couch somewhere..you don't even have to return it. Andrew is going to get a new one on Sunday anyway : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pool looks like fun! No wonder you didn't want the summer to end.

    It is hard to send the kids out into the world, but I always feel good when they share something they have learned and watching them grow into neat little people is so cool!

    ReplyDelete