Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday's Memory 14

I wrote up a little story about Noah joining our family last night to post today which chronologically follows last weeks post. But, when I went to look for pictures to go with it I couldn't find anything. I have got to get better organized. If anyone ever wants to do anything for me...scrapbook all of my pictures for me! Just kidding...that just is something I don't really enjoy and am overwhelmed by, but I will do it one day. Anyway, while going through my pictures I found some that go with last weeks memory...I knew they were here. I wanted to post a couple of little thoughts I had instead of moving on to Noah.


First of all, thanks to the notes on my pictures, I see and remember now that we celebrated Easter a week early in preparation for surgery.













These next two pictures are Easter Day.





When I saw these two I remembered something that I didn't post before. When Matthew had his first surgery at one week of age, we brought Joshua down for a visit. For this visit I'm thinking of in particular, Matthew had been having periods of "awake time" but we hadn't seen it yet. It always seemed to happen during the night or some time when we weren't around. So, Joshua entered the ICU, we all could hear his fire engine sounds coming. Matthew opened his eyes to see his brother. It was the sweetest thing!

Another little tid bit I'm remembering about the 2003 surgery is that some group paid for and put together a nice Easter Dinner for families of patients in the hospital. We left Matthew for a little while and went down and ate Easter dinner together. There are good and kind people left in the world!

Here is how we spend our time on the floor.



Doesn't Matthew look great?!

Here we are ready to go home.








And here is Matthew loving his snowman, hanging with Grandpa in the backyard just 10 days after surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!! Love the wagon idea! Great way for big brother to stay involved in the process! Nice post!!

    ReplyDelete