I have to go way back and say that we had lots of July birthdays...lots of cake...and now lots of big, grown up boys! Birthdays were very low key this year.
This is Isaac in his new big boy bed hat he loves.
This is Noah's birthday...
After I posted about the big ugly tree coming down in our front yard a few weeks ago, I walked through the living room and was blinded by the sunshine coming in.
Matthew likes to do the harvesting from the garden.
We are currently re-finishing the bedroom downstairs. The bedroom was huge and only partially finished with carpet on concrete. We had an egress window put in and now Mike is framing and dry walling to make a little bit smaller bedroom and a nice size storage room.
This is the before.
The new window.
The room now...before framing begins.
After this, the basement will have been completely re-done and then we will do the bathroom upstairs and be finished.
This is Matthew getting to swim after the cardiologist gave him the ok.
Matthew coughed up a total of 7 casts but has not had one for 9 days so I think we are finally done with those. He has a follow up with cardiology next week where I think he will get the ok to resume normal activity. He will be so happy! It's been hard to have to sit and watch the other kids play. He is doing GREAT! We ordered a book to be printed of the caring bridge site from surgery so we now are in posession of a hard bound copy of his whole site...journal entries, pictures, guest book and all. I think it's awesome that they offer that. That will be so nice to have in the future.
Joshua also has his cardiology follow up next week so we will be finding out if he is ready for his valve replacement.
The boys are really bummed that there are only 3 more weeks of summer left before school starts. We are not ready!

WOW!! It's been quite the summer for you guys. I love that new basement window. I would have sneaked out of that window at night for sure..... ummm..... ohhh.... but I'm SURE your kids won't!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures showing your progress and fun activities. My only real question is: Who made Noah's birthday cake? It is amazing and totally looks like something that you could pull together. I would have trouble cutting it up. I'm sure it was as delicious as it was presentable :)
ReplyDeleteThe room is looking good! And glad to see Matthew recovering well!
ReplyDeleteAre those grapes from your garden? I am so jealous! We have a big harvest, although it's just a ton of squash and tomatoes. Nothing really yummy like grapes!