4 years ago
Friday, September 4, 2009
Speaking too soon!
I frequently feel that I speak too soon. I HAD to put on here that Isaac was completely healthy with all my pride that I had one "normal" son. Today, we confirmed that Isaac is allergic to peanuts. The blood test on Tuesday showed a class 3 allergy but today's scratch test showed that the blood test was an UNDER estimate. He has a severe peanut allergy. This will be so fun. Easy for Matthew because he already can't eat any fat. Me...not so easy (please don't make me get rid of my chocolate!). I am very afraid to say it but will anyway..."Can we complicate things anymore?!?" Such is life. I realize that a peanut allergy is not that big a deal and that it is very common. We are already used to lack of convenience shall we say. Tomorrow it will seem like nothing at all. We'll get into our habits and way of life and that will be it. Today though...I want to complain. I'm sure it will be an easy adjustment. Just praying that cardiology appointments go well this afternoon. Good news...please!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Darn those peanuts! You can enjoy your chocolate at my house away from sweet little Isaac... Then we will hose you down out back before you leave just in case you dropped any on yourself that he might come in contact with.
ReplyDeleteLOL! Great idea Lori. Becky will need her own decontaminating shower. :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa
I'm afraid my children will never see me again!
ReplyDelete