So, the last few weeks we've been busy...getting more diagnosis. So much fun!
I've been dealing with Salivary Stones...I had never heard of it either. I guess they are like kidney stones or gall stones but in the salivary glands. So bizarre! Got an infection in the lymph node in my neck because of stuff backing up. Been on Augmentin for 5 weeks. Lymph node still enlarged. Waiting, waiting, waiting. May have to see the ENT for surgery. Like there is time for that!
Joshua's issue is a little more private so will not discuss here. Waiting to have ultrasound done soon.
Matthew, Matthew, Matthew! It was confirmed last week that he does have Hoshimoto's Thyroiditis. Basically, your immune system attacks your thyroid...eventually he will become Hypothyroid - where your thyroid doesn't make enough - meaning more meds.
We've known that he has a growth hormone deficiency; the question is...do we help him grow or will that strain his heart too much. I think we've decided that we will do the replacement but it has to be done soooo carefully. At his current rate of growth, he will not even reach 5 feet; so, you can see our dilemma.
He was also RE-diagnosed with asthma yesterday. The pulmonologist always believed he had asthma but after getting the immune deficiency diagnosis and then getting stents in his pulmonary arteries and helping them grow and then finding the Plastic Bronchitis...we thought he was all fixed up and maybe didn't have it. But, it's been 6 months off of asthma meds now and there was quite a difference on his breathing test yesterday between the before and after albuterol. He has been complaining that it hurts to breath after gym class. He also says that his heart feels funny so I thought it was his junctional rhythm heart stuff - the reason he needs a pacemaker. It didn't even occur to me that it could be asthma still.
So...I'm completely overwhelmed - I actually already was...I'm going into my SURVIVAL mode again where I don't feel anything - just take care of business! That's 19 regularly used meds for Matthew with another 4 to be used as needed and more to come. Each new thing takes time to implement additions to the routine. Sorry to be a downer today but sometimes you just have to grieve. We're looking for brighter days! It won't be today because I have to go replace Noah's glasses...grrr!
4 years ago

Salivary stones was one I had to google! Amazing ..... you just can't seem to catch a break! Sorry this goes on and on for you!! Hope you feel better soon. From what I googled it appears there are other options than surgery. Wish you were out here... we know a great ENT in Salt Lake but that doesn't help you much. We'll keep all of you in our prayers!!
ReplyDelete