Our poor Noah is often forgotten. The quiet middle child! Noah came on schedule in July 2003. He was my biggest at 9 lbs. Another VERY painful surgery for me, even worse than the last, but a very healthy great baby boy! His older brothers were so excited to see him. We checked several times during the pregnancy for heart defects. He seemed perfect! After birth we still asked for an echo to be done just to be sure. I think they did hear a murmur. The echo showed that he had a small atrial septal defect (a type of congenital heart defect in which there is an abnormal opening in the dividing wall between the upper filling chambers of the heart, the atria). A third child with a heart defect…how in the world does that happen? Even our cardiologist said “What is this?” We had him checked out about 6 weeks later and…nothing. It seems to have closed. They didn’t do another echo though so…it’s always in the back of my mind. Hopefully nothing shows up later.
Noah was such a mellow, happy, easy baby. He was sleeping through the night by 10 weeks. It was so nice!
And that’s it. Uneventful…we like uneventful!
(I haven't had time to look for my pictures...Thanks to Sara for getting these for me. I don't know how she had them but glad she did.)


Noah has so much character now. I see that it all started from babyhood ;)
ReplyDeleteInteresting how "uneventful" can really, really be a blessing!!!
ReplyDelete