Well, we've survived 10 appointments over the last week. One of which was to put the Holter monitor on Matthew to be worn for 24 hours. We have his Caridology appointment on Monday to find out what that had to say. When we went to the Behavioral Specialist at Childrens just before that, they took a blood pressure which was a little high and his heart rate was reading 48. We're hoping it was just wrong and that pacemaker is not coming sooner than we expected. We also have scheduled an all day test for this Friday that will begin the growth treatment process. If the results are what we think they will be...that he has a true deficiency in that area... then we need to see a Nutritionist and an Orthopedic doctor before we can start the treatment. The Child Behavioral Specialist had a great amount of information for us and will be sending us to various other doctors and therapist to continue our work on issues from the Autism Spectrum Disorder and the ADHD. We are excited to be working with them.
Our greatest news this week is our victory at the school. WE FINALLY GOT QUALIFIED FOR AN IEP! This is SOOO exciting! I think it is finally hitting me what this means for us. I'm crying! I've hated watching Matthew struggle so much at school or because of the stress of school after all he has been through...it's just not right! Even the district nurse shed tears and told us she really wanted this for us. It was very sweet. Matthew's stresses will be eased and I look forward to seeing my happy boy back and able to enjoy the life we've prayed for and worked so hard to give him!!!
We anxiously await the Walk for Diabetes this Saturday at the Mall of America joining 20,000 others who are affected by this disease. I think it will be a memorable experience. We thank all who have been so generous to donate to the cause and support us!!!
A BIG thank you to my Mom and battle partner, who came TWICE, for moral support and spoiled us rotten while she was here. Thank you Mom! It was fun to have you here while no one was in the hospital.
Mom took us to dinner on Saturday and we went to one of the few places that actually has food that Matthew can eat...Denny's. We were minding our own business, getting everyone situated, poking fingers, giving insulin, trying to find fat free food to eat for Matthew and making sure they don't cook it in butter or oil, etc. We finish our meal and the waitress says your bill has been paid. We of course said WHAT? She explained that another customer that had been sitting near us paid our bill...we'll never know who she was but we were very touched!
I'll post Monday after our appointment...praying for good news!
I forgot one other bit of news...one of the appointments was for Isaac with the Opthamologist. I'm sure you can guess what that means!? Glasses for Isaac. His eye has been crossing the last few months, pretty badly. He chose the left eye though as opposed to the other 3 boys who chose the right eye. Funny!
4 years ago

You brought tears to my eyes. Having my own son(Zachary, 15) with an IEP, who I have struggled to get the schools to adapt the curriculum for, I completely understand the relief you must be feeling. It is so sad to me how hard we have to fight for justice when these children are the future, why can't others see that.
ReplyDeleteGreat job advocating for your children, if you don't fight for them, who will. YAY!!!!!!!