Saturday, June 5, 2010

May Madness

May was busy and of course, I kept forgetting to take my camera to all of our fun May events. The boys have been busy with fieldtrips, parties, and track & field events at school. I've been busy "nesting" for surgery; getting all of the spring cleaning and organizing done and prep for family to be here. There is still SO much to do and the kids only have 4 more days of school. Don't think I will be able to do it all this week. Also, we always feel guilty that Matthew won't get to do anything fun this summer so we've been trying to fit in some fun family time.

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation did a free dinner at the Como Zoo for all of the new families that walked this year. We found out that PBS was doing discount wristbands that same day for Como Town so we planned a full day of fun. The boys had gone camping and I actually told them to be home early so we could get there (usually I tell Mike to keep them busy and stay camping as long as possible). Anyway, they were an hour later than I expected and then it decided to POUR! and POUR! and POUR! We ended up eating our lunch in the car waiting for the rain to stop so we already lost 2 1/2 of playing so I was MAD. But, the sun came out and it got hot and we did enjoy plenty of hours of fun!






Matthew earned his Cub Scout Bear badge and a gold arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment