Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WE'RE PUMPERS!

Isaac was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes November 17, 2009. I always get so emotional thinking about that time. I've said here many times how frustrating Diabetes is. He has received at least 2,920 shots of insulin since that moment two years ago. He has been amazing with it all! We were very excited yesterday to go and hook Isaac up to his new pump. Here he is before leaving to get hooked up...LAST SHOT!


I think Isaac was a little wigged out to have this thing in him all the time but it's getting better and he is getting used to it. This should make things a little easier! We did 5 hours of training with out healthcare team and a few on our own. We have struggled with high numbers while we work out his doses of insulin and this new meter is reading a lot higher than our old one so I'm having trouble trusting it. We have to test blood sugars at least 9 times a day for a couple of weeks including a 12am and a 3am. It is very nice to just punch in a few numbers and it delivers the insulin with no poking and does a lot of the math for you! We'll still have to do shots once in a while and of course change the set every couple of days but I think Isaac is going to like this!

Isaac also started tennis lessons yesterday and had a lot of fun with that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! My baby...I mean your baby...is growing up so FAST :)

    ReplyDelete