4 years ago
Thursday, November 17, 2011
The world according to the little guy
I am SUPER tired. This pump is making me crazy. We have been up many nights now with a couple of lows and a LOT of really high highs...to do BG checks (finger pokes), checking to make sure the site is working, checking ketones (peeing on a stick), etc. I've only gotten a few hours sleep over the past few days. Instead of taking a nap yesterday, which I really should have done, I was dying to watch my all time favorite movie "Pride and Prejudice"...the REAL one (the real long one!) I started downstairs toward the TV telling Isaac that I was going to veg for a little while and he replied with..."You can't just sit in front of the TV all the time, you will get really fat!" I'll take that as a compliment and pretend he was saying that I am not already fat! If any of you know me, I rarely GET to sit in front of the TV. He's so funny and I loved my movie but am really hoping I get to sleep some tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The pump thing sounds amazing but I can understand why it would take some time for him to get used to it and for you to trust it completely. You're such a great mom. Hope you get some sleep soon. Wish I was there to take the midnight and 3am shifts for you. I'm usually up with hot flashes then anyway! lol
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the pump is a blessing and a curse. It appears that you might have gotten more sleep when he was a newborn. Good for you to spoil yourself with your favorite movie though. Hope that you get some rest :)
ReplyDelete