Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Children's Hospital Grand Opening

We were privileged to be included in the Children's Hospital Grand Opening Ceremony today. My good friend joined us and got some video but I still haven't figured out how to get my video to work on this blog but here are some pictures. We thought they would at least show the ribbon cutting on the news but they didn't.

The hospital gave us 5 days notice. I thought I was going to throw up but the rest of the family were super excited. I had surgery on Monday so didn't know if I was going to be able to pull it off. The boys got to be on the stage with me while I talked about them and then they got to help cut the ribbon. We shook hands with big people and got a hug from our wonderful heart surgeon. They served a fabulous lunch and then we toured some of the new areas that we had not seen yet. A Ronald McDonald house right inside the hospital that can serve 16 families. They have volunteers come 5 nights a week to cook and serve dinner to the 60-80 parents/family members that come through. The new sibling play center is awesome, the kids wanted to stay. Matthew actually asked me after we got home if he needed to go to Children's before we moved. I said no, I hope not! He responded, Uhhhhhh, I wanted to go there. As I said in my speech today, it is his favorite place to be. They really make it welcoming and fun!








4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! And I NEVER use the word "awesome".... but in this case it fits!! Wow... you are one great, strong, courageous woman!! Soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to join you. You did wonderful. That experience will be tucked away in my shrinking memory bank :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They couldn't have chosen a better person to speak! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky you are my hero! I'm so proud of you that you did it!!! I'm glad you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete