Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Miracle

Yesterday, I spoke to our new case manager from the company that will be handeling Matthew's growth hormone replacement. We were supposed to start in August but the nurse would not call me back. I left several messages. We had given up and decided that it would be easier just to start the replacement after we moved. But, we are still here and were due for a check up so changed our mind and chose to begin the replacement now. The nurse took 2 weeks to send in the order. When I talked to the case manager yesterday, she had just received the order and submitted it to our insurance for approval. They are ready for a fight. She said it would take about 3 weeks to hear back from the insurance and then they are frequently denied and so then they have to appeal in our behalf.

I was feeling rather discouraged this morning as I thought about our house NOT selling and this waiting and insurance business. The phone rang and it was our case manager saying that the insurance had approved the growth hormone replacement for Matthew! One day...MIRACLE!!! Matthew so needs this and we are ready! Here is a picture of Matthew and his same aged cousin.


Matthew is not excited about doing shots BUT I think that will change when he sees himself shooting up. He will do one shot a night for several years...until he is done growing. (Note to self: Make sure you are not giving Isaac the growth hormone and Matthew the insulin!)

So thankful for those tender mercies once again!!!

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAYYYYY!!! Love the "note to self"... I'd probably do that!! You could get Matthew and Isaac all wound up every night and let them stab each other........... or not! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cool news. I can't imagine Matthew any other size...it seems he's been this size forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great! Now good luck on selling the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will add one more thing to my list of "Many Thanks" this time of year. Thank goodness that you weren't given hassle with insurance.

    ReplyDelete