Thursday, June 16, 2011

CAMPING!

The boys love to camp! We went camping last weekend to help Matthew earn the rest of his Webelos and Arrow of Light scouting badges. We found a nice campground not too far from our house with a beach and fishing. We were one of the only tents in the whole place...everyone else had RVs. Matthew planned the whole menu and had to help cook and clean-up, pitch the tent, build the fire, etc. We went on a night hike, fishing and swimming. This was Isaac's first time fishing. Ducks, deer, moths, lightening bugs and frogs joined our campsite. It was warm but we had a great time. Isaac has asked every night since why we aren't going camping right now. I guess we'll be doing this more often.















2 comments:

  1. I love camping!!! I confess I love it more in a trailer but I loved our tent camping too. It's amazing how doing virtually "nothing" out with the bugs and creatures can be sooooo appealing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun. Glad you were able to go even with Blood sugar issues. I love fireflies.

    ReplyDelete