Sisters Stephanie and Jeni spent hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, reasearching and putting together information to share with us. It was TOTALLY AWESOME! The stories they were able to share were inspirational. I don't want to give too much information because I'm sure my brain will not serve me well and I will be off a little, but, I think there are about 50 pioneer ancestors through my 4 grandparent lines. Great people! People who suffered, but were strong and faithful through it.
Our theme was "Our Trail of Hope". Reminding us that we have a great heritage to follow and that we can have great faith and hope as we face our own challenges as they did while they faced their challenges. I feel we have a duty to get to know these people personally because we are bound eternally to them. It matters. In Elder M. Russell Ballard's words (So much better than my own...)"We must be sure that the legacy of faith received from them is never lost. Let their heroic lives touch our hearts so the fire of true testimony and unwavering love for the Lord and His Church will blaze brightly within each one of us as it did in our faithful pioneers."
That is my goal. We are trying and I feel we are doing pretty well, but can always do better!
As far as the actual trip goes, we drove down on my birthday. I think it was about 13hours. The reunion was Wednesday - Friday. We were thrilled that Sister Kaye Hanson and my Dad's sisters and families could make it. It was so fun to see them. As always, the time went WAY TOO FAST and I didn't get to chat as much as I wanted to. But, so glad they came! We were sad at the same time to be missing 3 brothers and their families. I think we had 54 people...at least that's what we planned for.
The pageant was wonderful, except for the guy having a heart attack right in the middle of it and having to stop the show for an ambulance. I hope he is ok. Also, looking for lost children. (They were found.)
The Sunset on the Mississippi was also very fun.
We talked to Matthew and told him maybe he could do a mission like that. He proceeded to get up on stage and do the cutest dance. Unfortunately, I still can't get video to upload on this blog.
More swimming, of course.
And...more food and more birthdays to celebrate!
Looking forward to the next reunion in a couple of years!

It was so good to see you guys and everyone else but I agree...there wasn't enough time to catch up with everyone! Next time.
ReplyDeleteWhen I knew that you were in charge of the planning, I also knew that it would be a great success. What a wonderful way to bond and build memories!
ReplyDelete