Saturday night we had our Trunk or Treat at the church along with soup, chili and hotdogs, bouncy houses and games. Josh helped run the doughnut game. Isaac cried because someone gave him a Butterfinger and he was trying to tell them that he couldn't have it but they didn't understand.
Monday we trick or treated around our neighborhood. Isaac and Matthew lasted about 20 houses. Josh and Noah made it around just about the whole neighborhood. Isaac was super paranoid about all the peanuts he was seeing. Every house seemed to put a bowl of peanut M&Ms and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups out and said take a couple. Isaac would just stare at them and then look at me. I would encourage him to just take something because I sure wanted some! He refused. He made some people feel bad and they wanted to go get him some money or something else. I assured them that he was just fine.
When we got home they were ordered to bed by one tired Dad. I thought that was unfair because when I was a kid that was the best part of Halloween. Emptying your bag and spreading your goods all over the floor, surveying your stash...that's the reward for all your work! But alas, they had school the next morning and they can't eat most of it anyway. They went to bed and I began the sorting. Matthew...no fat! He was left with little candy. Isaac...no peanuts! He was left with even less candy than Matthew...which is good for the diabetes I guess. Joshua and Noah did well! I take out all of the chocolates with actual peanuts or peanut butter and put those in a seperate bowl. Mike and I feast on them at night when the kids are safely in bed. Or, Joshua and Noah can take one to school with their lunch. Joshua's principle has bribed them with a school "buck" if they make their candy last until Christmas break. (Not sure I would believe any middle schooler that came to me at break and said they still had Halloween candy.)
I'm thinking this was probably Joshua's last year being young and going trick or treating. Sad!

I love the costumes, what are the Lego heads made out of? They survived the move, are they made of steel?
ReplyDelete