Here is Matthew with "Fluffy" his new bunny.
Matthew hanging out...waiting. The case before him went late. He really wanted lots of crafts but because everything was brand new...they weren't set up with too many "extras".
They gave Matthew some Versed shortly after. He got very silly and sleepy. His brain was going 800 miles an hour as usual but his mouth just couldn't keep up...great entertainment.
Matthew took this picture of me ready to go back to the cath lab and put him to sleep. I love it when they let me go back with him. Sadly, this has become so routine for us that I was COMPLETELY unemotional today...even while watching him drift off to sleep and kissing him goodbye. I'm sure it will be very different for the real surgery in a couple of months. They took him back at 1:15 and they finished at about 4:00.
(When I came back from the lab to get my things, "OUR" nurse was there...Gaylene. She's taken care of both of our boys in the ICU for their heart surgeries and is the best. She didn't get to see Matthew, but she did take me on a tour of the new CARDIAC ONLY ICU! I'm SO excited about this. It is huge AND...parents get to sleep in the private room...of the ICU! VERY exciting!)
Here is Matthew after the cath. I went to the gift shop during it and got him some painting and scrapbooking supplies. He was very excited about that. He had to lay flat for 4 hours. He was NOT happy that he wasn't going to be allowed to order a tray of food. I'm not sure why because they only have a couple of fat free options anyway. He has had no pain, tummy trouble...nothing. Great recovery!
Here he is at home at 9:15 p.m. He called Daddy from the car and told him to make him some chicken and rice and to have it ready when he arrived home.
So the Doctor said everything looked pretty good inside considering his history. The Fontan is working well. They will call in a week or two with the official plan. Pacemaker for sure. Conference about aorta and if it is worth touching right now or wait. They did balloon the stents in his pulmonary arteries a little bit. Those may need to be replaced next time around.
Very grateful for a calm and actually good day!

Ok so.... I know nothing about this... but maybe the "completely unemotional" has less to do with this all being "routine" and more to do with the way the Spirit has worked with all of you during these moments. Could be that the unemotional is about the Spirit helping you know that, for today, this is just routine. Maybe.....?
ReplyDeleteGood point! I like to think that I have overcome my fear and just learned to trust the Lord SO well that "I" just was unemotional...BUT I SO know that is not true and was totally blessed with peace knowing that for the day...all was going to be well and that I will NEVER be able to do this on my own and that's OK because why would I want to!
ReplyDelete