I know some people won't like me sharing this but I'm going to anyway. I follow a blog of a girl who had a heart transplant just a couple of months ago. They had no idea anything was wrong, she collapsed at school, PE teacher saved her life. She got a heart in no time and was out of the hospital 10 days after surgery. She is doing GREAT! Someone dared to ask the mother how, if there were 4 heart transplants at that hospital that month, how is it that her daughter's experience was a miracle. After all, if it happens everyday, it can't be a miracle, they said. (RUDE!)
I BEG TO DIFFER! And this is why I want to share this story. We ALL receive miracles every day and we must recognize them and who they are from if we want to keep receiving them. I for one NEED them!
So, I have been very interested in Chiroptric work on Matthew. I have never been to a chiropractor but I have heard great results about others and have been curious if it would help with anything he suffers with. We went to a little community thing here where a local chiropractor had a booth set up so we talked to them and decided to go ahead and do the initial scan and find out more about what they would do and how much it would cost.
Of course, our insurance didn't cover them. It was going to be expensive. He wanted to see him 3 times a week for 12 weeks. And then twice a week for 4 weeks and then once a week for at least 5 more months, if not, forever. The muscles need to be retrained and strengthened on the side he has trouble with. I did have him adjust him that day and then we were supposed to call and let them know if we wanted to move forward with the plan.
Before the adjustment, we've been watching a leg length discrepancy. One leg has been longer than the other and we had talked about needing to see an orthopedic doctor to watch that while we do the growth hormone. After the adjustment, Matthew's legs are the same size!!! Really...it's that easy?
We talked about it all week. Can we find the money somewhere? I was feeling strongly that this could be really good for him and wanted badly to make it work. If ever was a good time, it was now while we are doing the growth hormone. In the end we decided, NO, we can't do it. I called to let them know Friday morning.
Friday afternoon the chiropractor called and offered us a 6 month scholarship! He really felt like he could help Matthew and is as excited to see the results as I am! Miracle? Definately! There's no doubt! (I was surprised at how difficult it was to swollow my pride and go in and accept the scholarship yesterday and even more surprised that Mike accepted without a debate.) Hopefully it works!
For us, this was a miracle. I think it's sad that we often MISS these miracles. Miss noticing and recognizing and seeing them. But they are there!
4 years ago

That's so great! I hope it helps.
ReplyDeleteEvery day has a miracle if you just look for it. Great post! Hope the treatment helps!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! Let us know how it is going. Great reminder to recognize miracles!
ReplyDelete